A Caring Tradition…
Inspired by his late grandfather, Dr. Raymond Zipp, Vance Raymond Parker goes the extra mile to provide personal service to his clients.
Dr. Zipp came to the little town of Edna, Texas after graduating from medical school at the age of 22. During the Great Depression, he accepted produce and chickens from patients who had no other means of paying. In addition to his main office downtown, he made house calls and maintained an office at his own home to treat patients after hours.
His grandson Vance Raymond Parker holds JD and MBA degrees from the University of Texas at Austin. Vance has chosen to forego the overhead of the typical attorney’s office, practicing from a home office instead. This approach ensures personal service in an easy-to-reach, comfortable environment, with more reasonable fees than those charged by most other elder law and estate planning firms.
Vance has a particular passion for elder and special needs law. As an honors biology graduate at the University of Texas at Austin, and a former biomedical company executive, he understands the medical conditions that seniors and special needs individuals face. “I practice elder and special needs law to honor my parents and grandparents, whose quiet integrity and wisdom still guide my life, and whose love never fades,” he says.
Vance gained inspiration for his special needs focus within his legal practice from the special needs students he assisted while teaching Honors Chemistry, Biology, and Scientific Visualization in the Forsyth County and Guilford County, North Carolina public school systems.
Vance discusses his grandfather's influence on his legal practice.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, May 1991
- Master of Business Administration, The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School of Business, May 1991
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Salem College, December 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology with Honors, The University of Texas at Austin, May 1985
Community & Volunteer Service
- Voted 2020 “Best Family Law Attorney” and Runner-up “Best Law Firm” in Triad City Beat’s “Best of the Beat” Reader Poll
- Investing Founder, Piedmont Angel Network (PAN)
- Sierra Club Foothills Group, Outings Leader
- Secretary, North Carolina Rifle and Pistol Association
Vance, an avid American Whitewater kayaker, and Carolina Canoe Club member, is always happy to help out his kayaking, canoeing, and Sierra Club friends with their North Carolina estate planning, elder law, and special needs law documents. And he gives a discount to boaters and Sierra Club members!
Professional & Outdoor Memberships
- North Carolina State Bar, Admitted 1992
- Healthcare Industry Professionals Serving Seniors (HIPSS)
- Accredited to practice before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), 2011
- 31st Judicial District Bar and Forsyth County Bar
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA), Elder and Special Needs Law Section
- NCBA Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- NCBA Real Property Section
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Better Business Bureau of Northwest North Carolina A+ Rated Legal Practice
- American Whitewater
- Carolina Canoe Club
- Sierra Club
- Winston-Salem Ski and Outing Club
Vance shares time with his father Gerald at Pumpkin Run Creek Falls, near Vance’s and his wife Karen’s Wilkes County, North Carolina mountain property.