Vance Parker Law, PLLC, located in Winston-Salem, NC, seeks a part-time contract accountant to prepare and maintain this single attorney elder and special needs law and estate planning firm’s monthly accounting records. The majority of work may be prepared at the accountant’s home or other place of business, with most work hours able to be scheduled flexibly.
After an initial period required to update the 2019 accounts, required work hours will likely range from 2-8 hours per month.
Hourly fees paid consistent with candidate education, certifications, and experience level.
- Minimum: bachelor’s degree in tax or accounting with good academic performance. CPA (active or inactive) preferred;
- Minimum: 2 years business / financial accounting experience, with small business accounting experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of QuickBooks (practice uses QuickBooks Online);
- Organized, self-motivated, proactive;
- Able to suggest and create more efficient business accounting practices and procedures, and business operating practices and procedures.
- Maintain monthly accounts; reconcile accounts monthly;
- Maintain attorney trust (IOLTA) account records;
- Monitor receivables and client hourly billing; assist management in creating and maintaining efficient A/R and collection practices and procedures;
- Assist management in developing and maintaining more efficient A/P practices and procedures;
- Assist with organizing and maintaining accounting and financial records;
- Assist with organizing, maintaining, and updating tax records monthly;
- Organize and provide tax information to legal practice’s accounting firm on a quarterly basis;
- Assist practice management and legal practice’s accounting firm with annual tax preparation.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest, by email only, to Vance Parker at: email@example.com