Vance Still Makes House Calls…
Dr. Zipp came to the little town of Edna, Texas after graduating from medical school at the age of 22. During the Great Depression, he accepted produce and chickens from patients who had no other means of paying. In addition to his main office downtown, he made house calls and maintained an office at his own home to treat patients after hours.
His grandson Vance Raymond Parker holds JD and MBA degrees from the University of Texas at Austin. Vance has chosen to forego the overhead of the typical attorney’s office, practicing from a home office instead. This approach ensures personal service at more reasonable fees than those charged by most other law firms.
Vance has a particular passion for elder law. As an honors biology graduate at the University of Texas at Austin, and a former biomedical company executive, he understands the medical conditions that seniors face. “I practice elder law to honor my parents and grandparents, whose quiet integrity and wisdom still guide my life, and whose love never fades,” he says.
If you are disabled, shut-in, or cannot travel, Vance Parker will make a “house call” to visit you at your residence.
Vance discusses his grandfather's influence on his legal practice.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, May 1991
- Master of Business Administration, The University of Texas at Austin Graduate School of Business, May 1991
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Salem College, December 2008
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology with Honors, The University of Texas at Austin, May 1985
Community and Volunteer Service
- Provides legal assistance to disabled military veterans
- Legal Aid of North Carolina. Pro bono attorney volunteer
- Investing Founder, Piedmont Angel Network (PAN)
- Rotary Club of Clemmons, Member
- Sierra Club Foothills Group, Outings Leader
- Winston-Salem Ski and Outing Club, Vice President, Publicity and Board of Directors Member
- Director, North Carolina Rifle and Pistol Association
- Winston-Salem State University 1000 Horns Athletic Scholarship Contributor
- North Carolina State Bar, Admitted 1992
- Healthcare Industry Professionals Serving Seniors (HIPSS)
- Triad Retirement Living Association (TRLA)
- Accredited to practice before the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), 2011
- 21st Judicial District Bar and Forsyth County Bar
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA), Elder and Special Needs Law Section
- NCBA Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law Section
- NCBA Real Property Section
- Financial Planning Association (FPA)
- Better Business Bureau of Northwest North Carolina A+ Rated Legal Practice